Extremely family-friendly and good flexibility. Management quality varies but has improved greatly over time. Great benefits, health care, 401k, PTO, and FSA that covers dependent care, and work from home ability. Many women in leadership positions.

There are organizational "cons" unrelated to work/life balance, benefits, pay, leave, etc. and sometimes the staff experience depends directly on that person's manager or team. Not all bosses are as flexible as mine, but it's still a great place to work!

Short-term disability and combined PTO covered my pay for the unpaid weeks that I took (total 12 wks leave)

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

They allow for flexibility for new moms and allow most to have a standing work from home day. Also great for providing lactation room or privacy in your own office.

They should have a company wide policy on working from home so everyone is given this flexibility and does not vary manager to manager.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Be tough. Be tough. Be tough. Be tough. Every man/woman for themselves.

I don't work there any more. The COO reorganized eliminated several positions held mostly by women, person over 50 and minority. There were no financial reasons or financial pressures for the reorg.

Maybe. I simply am not sure. The COO (a female) has a bias toward men and the under 35.

Senior Administrative Assistant

Research & Development

PCORI is a very warm, friendly place to work where people support each other and treat each other kindly. People work together on projects for the most part and depending on the position, there are lot of opportunities for growth. They also frequently higher people to new positions from within.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

The place itself is not bad, but I am mismatched for the work. However, I will also say that while I am mismatched for the work which isn't PCORI's fault, I also don't feel that I get a lot of opportunities to learn new skills around the work that I do.