Qualcomm Incorporated

3.2

"Flexibility at this employer highly depends on the team you're in and your bosses."
"not sure"
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"Be prepared to hit a glass ceiling between lower/upper staff levels - promotions are very, very difficult to get"
"not sure"
One thing Qualcomm Incorporated can improve?
"Depends on individual's relationship with their manager; flexibility varies greatly and is at manager's discretion"
"recently changed to 12 weeks paid leave"
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"I honestly loved working here. I can't say much outside of the product marketing department, but women are treated amazingly and I wholeheartedly recommend any woman to work here. Great diversity."
One thing Qualcomm Incorporated can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Product Marketing Intern, Marketing
"As long as you get your work done, every employee is given a lot of flexibility."
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"The company has a very family-friendly environment that is inclusive of employees' families."
One thing Qualcomm Incorporated can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
, Legal
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"Eh, it's ok. There are very few women in my group. "
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"This is a great place to work if you are earlier in your career. There is some unfairness to women, but in the lower rungs it is very subtle and infrequent and the project experience you get working here is fantastic. However, I worked in a group that was at least 50% female and we had no female managers or directors. On leveling spread, men tended to be a couple levels higher overall with titles than women in our group. Once you want to actually start achieving manager and director level titles, there is a lot more resistance and women are often left behind."
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"It's a great company for younger women. But it's much harder for women to get promoted to manager/director (or higher) levels. There are very few women at these levels."
"Work in progress"
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"It is a tough environment for women. You need to have a boss who is an advocate for you and diversity."
"depends on position"
"Qualcomm is a great company. However, the environment is incredibly competitive. You will not move forward unless you are aggressive and competitive. Tech savvy people have a much better opportunity of moving forward as well."
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"IF YOU ARE THE TYPE OF PERSON INTERESTED IN STAYING AT WORK ALL DAY THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU."
"If you are a woman and work for another woman, you are in trouble. If you are a woman with kids and work there at all, your job will be given to someone else. You will always be in a supporting, subordinate almost admin role. They will proactively tell you it is to help you with "balancing" your home duties. I have sat in meetings with my female superior at 2PM that are running over and she will stop and ask if I need to get home to the baby. What? On a daily basis I am shocked by the ineptitude, lack of leadership and lack of integrity. I go home every day feeling awful."
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"It is male dominated company. They logically 'try' to treat women equally but dont always succeed. Women with kids usually leave early to pick up kids and they are usually badly judged due to this. Lot of late hours and weekend support is needed. refusing any of it goes against you and effects are seen in bonus rating"
N/A, APSS QCT
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"Depending on the department and level women can do well. Certain sub groups are heavily female based."
Sr Director, N/A
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"My department management treats man and women equally. Gender is not a factor into consideration for promotions at this level; however, higher positions (VPs and above) are occupied predominantly (almost exclusively) by males."
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"Scenarios change from group to group. The company is to big to make a general statement for all departments."
"Non-engineering women can hold mid-level mgt roles; this is a very male engineer dominated company. Outspoken women are side-lined and passed over before they make it to upper management. Company talks the talk but does not walk the walk."
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"Women can be lower level managers if you are not in the engineering realm."
"This is one of the most technical industries and companies I've worked at. There is "0" executive women and very limited business acumen. If you are a hard core technical person you will do fine but you have to be an aggressive personality to be promoted and succeed. Collaboration, leadership and being a great manager are not rewarded so you need to be very comfortable being the ONLY women in the room most of the time and able to hold your own without coming off too aggressive."
VP, N/A
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"Really depends on where you are in your career and what you want to do"
"Good opportunities to develop and growth. Good and fair pay. Overall the company is focusing more on diversity issues, and look forward to new and stronger programs being implemented."
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"Strong gender bias against women at all levels, starting from the top. For example, Qualcomm has all white male executives. There was only one female executive and she left (and joined Microsoft) after being terribly unhappy. As a mid/high director level employee and find it impossible to proceed without getting "in" with an all male senior crowd, where I clearly feel left out. My experience is not unique and all women employees at my (and higher) levels share the same feeling."
Director, Corporate Legal
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"I've worked here for going on 10yrs and personally only been advanced one time. All the women in my dept are in support roles which makes it impossible to network for advancement. There is another woman that was hired within a week of me and she was advanced 3 times... but we do the exact same thing and I have a technical degree. It was because she found a male champion. This is just a personal example of what you can potentially expect with my company and in my dept."
Would you recommend Qualcomm Incorporated to other women?
"Women that have EE degrees have it better because that mgmt see's the value of the degree. But it's still not a great place for women."
"Men are in charge and that isn't changing. Constant re-orgs are engineered and keep those (men) in power in place. No opportunity for advancement, especially for women. Women are held to a different set of performance/behavior standards while men can run around doing whatever they like. People are fleeing for the doors."
"N/a"