Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP http://www.srz.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP?
hellosrz

it can be hard here to balance worklife and non-worklife.

RosietheRiveter01

Depends on the department but overall I would not recommend this firm to women. Partnership is almost exclusively male and shows no concern for the training and development of female associates. Work-life balance is non-existent. A female colleague I worked with was criticized for leaving work during a late night to go home and nurse her child whose bottles had run out. Apparently the explanation, "I'm still the food source wasn't received well." A novel was recently written by a former female associate based on her observations of the specific culture of this firm. See BIGLAW by Lindsay Cameron.

Ensure that both women and men are offered equally valuable training and work opportunities. Most female associates from my observation are relegated to completing the least important and least visible tasks leaving them with few if any marketable skills.
Lady kenny

unknown

Lady 101011 Associate

The partnership is very white and male, and the same demographic seems to have an easier time networking and gaining trust, and in turn, responsibility. Face time and chit chat are important, and so introverts suffer. Maternity leave is on par with other large firms, but it is clear by the disorganization around the process that not many people take it.

Depending on how senior you are coming in.
Lady shortness Associate, Litigation

X

Lady Law Associate

I'm happy here but I'm not sure if I could handle the hours if I had children.

Lady Marmalade

Women and men were treated fairly insofar as both were asked to work long hours in a fairly thankless albeit respectful white-collar corporate environment. No distinction was made between female and male associates, and the environment was not "macho" or "bro-oriented" in any way. With respect to women particularly, I did not witness any examples of any women in my department or in many others successfully balancing work and life, and even had one female partner tell me outright that she'd wished she'd made different choices with respect to home and career. Not very inspiring.

Women Review Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.9 stars, based on 7 reviews Company Website hellosrz RosietheRiveter01 Lady kenny Lady 101011 Lady shortness Lady Law Lady Marmalade