Officer (manager)

I've worked here for 4 years and think it's a really good place for a working mom who wants flexibility. Yes I think I could get paid more if I worked somewhere else potentially but the salary is still good for accounting role and has given me the flexibility to work from home 100% which as a new mom, has made my life much easier by avoiding traffic and extra drive time. They really value flexible work arrangements in their employees and are able to provide as long as good employee who they trust and still gets work done! It also makes it easier to leave right at 530pm to pick up baby. I'm willing to sign on at night during busier periods but I wait until after baby is asleep. The offices have nice pump rooms for nursing mothers. There is a free back up child care policy (20 days!) as well that I have yet to use but is a great benefit. Vacation policy is fair (20 days plus 3 personal days at senior associate and above level plus 9 observed holidays). They also have good coverage for IVF and infertility ( through the high deductible plan at least). The mentoring/move up options are available but you really have to be your own advocate if you want increased responsibility or experience but being global, there are plenty of opportunities depending on location or willingness to move. I didn't think at first that I would stay as long but as a new mom, I'm happy I did!

Maybe. Depends on level, I don't think associates are paid as well but if you stick around and move up, you get greater flexibility and higher pay along with good corporate policies for maternity leave and flex work which is perfect for a new mom.

flexible hours

Senior Vice President

Institutional Services America

Boston is pale, male and stale, the boys still try to do everything the old school way. There is a desire to change with some of the top of the house but within the executive levels there continues to be a lot of outdated approaches. Generally I beleive that women are seen as important, and diversity is a common discussion item; however I don't see the commitment to advance women into leadership positions.

The company is supportive of strong women and talent wherever it is found.

Officer

USIS

I have worked here for 8 years. Over time the environment has changed greatly. It's a cutthroat environment the higher up you are. This is mainly the result of cutbacks and not replacing laid off employees. I find women seem to frequently not get along and to go after each other frequently. Not all, but a high percentage. There are great benefits offered but if flexibility is not what you are looking for I would suggest a different company since the pay is low and potential for growth is also low.

Maybe. Depends on who you are working with. Women do not treat each other well overall. Flex time and WFH 2-3 days a week is offered. If those are your priority, then this may be good. For career growth, the company for both men and women does not offer a lot of opportunities.

great flex program