TD Ameritrade

www.tdameritrade.com

Madam anon950

Senior Mid-Level Management

I have worked here for over ten years and was always the only woman in this male dominated office. It was fine for many years but every thing changed 3 years when we were under new management. There were many times that I could not participate in conversations. I was excluded from meetings, after work gatherings and promotions. Discussions of women in the workplace were aggressive and hostile. The environment was not a healthy environment for women or anyone viewed as weak.

The company is great overall; however the maternity experience could be improved. With the current policy you must take one week of PTO, then you get 6 weeks paid in disability, then you can take another 5 weeks of PTO. PTO starts at 3 weeks for the first year and gradually goes up to 5 weeks after 10 years. You can rollover 5 weeks of PTO to the next year so you really need to save up to have enough in the bank for maternity leave. You will also not receive a bonus while you are on maternity leave which is anywhere from 15%-30%. of your pay.. For me this equated to nearly $5000. That said, HR recently stated they are reviewing our maternity and paternity policy to make us more competitive and should have an enhancement to the policy soon.