Strategy & Business Development

TEKsystems has been tremendous vehicle for me to reach my personal and professional goals. I have worked for a phenomenal leader who takes an active interest in my career development and had felt supported by the company during my maternity leave.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Women are looking for a supportive environment in today's world. Although TEKsystems has challenged and pushed me in many ways within my 5 years, it has provided me with a huge support system throughout my entire career. This organization has helped me not only achieve my professional goals, but also my personal goals.

TEKsystems is a sales based organization so it does require a lot of time in the early stages of your career, however their are policies in place that supports flexibility. Also upon promotions their are remote opportunities.

Administrative Assistant

Administrative

This place is OK, if you have been there for a long time and/or you are producing management can be flexible, however, if you are new or lower on the totem pole then little to no flexibility.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. Not very good maternity benefits unless you had been there 6+ years.

Account Manager

This is a very demanding job that expects you're turned on almost all of the time. It can be challenging to manage with my young children

I think this heavily depends on your boss. Some DBOs are more understanding/accomodating

You earn more maternity leave the longer you are there, however you won't have a paid 12 weeks until 7+ years of service

Maybe. It depends on how much support you have. If you have to be a primary caregiver and don't have back up to pick up your kids or take them to school, or whatever it is, the demands of this job can feel overwhelming.

TekSystems is HR agency, so they employ mostly contractors or employee contractors. As a result there are not many benefits. The medical insurance has high deductibles, would not recommend. On the positive side, people have been nice and easy to work with.

Technical Recruiter

It is a bit of a boys club. There is really no such thing as a work life balance. I don't know how a parent is able to balance their work life and their family. You have to be in before 7:45am and it is an unspoken rule that you cannot leave before 5:30pm without a legitimate excuse. It is very common to stay in the office until 6:30pm and you are encouraged to work through your lunch break. New employees are also required to attend a class once a week that starts at 7:00am. However, they are not allowed to leave an hour earlier. Many employees work on weekends as well. There are a lot of office politics and you are micromanaged. I would not recommend working there and the few women that I was friends with in the office all quit as well.