Employee reviews at Temple University

Temple University

2.4

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"Beware of bullying and favoritism. Also beware of age discrimination."
"Other"
IT Senior Manager, IT
"I used vacation and sick time"

Want to

"The overall administration of the university does not adequately recognize, compensate, or support the tremendous contributions of administrative staff, the majority of whom are women. This is particularly true in student affairs roles such as advising. There can be great comradery within departments and colleges, but overall TU leadership has a very hierarchical attitude toward staff and does not seem to grasp the importance of administrative staff who support students and keep the university running on a day-to-day basis. This is apparent in the lack of adequate compensation, scattershot promotion system, and the lack of real development opportunities for many of us. "
"Not sure"
One thing Temple University can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"For women in administrative positions, it can be very difficult to negotiate flex-time for child pick-up, etc. I am fortunate to have a great manager who has worked out an unofficial arrangement with me, but some of my colleagues in other departments have had great difficulty with this. There have been occasions when one of my children was sick and I wish I could have worked from home instead of taking sick time. My children are older and this arrangement would work fine. Unfortunately, this is not permitted, and I end up not having very much sick time left for myself and this can be exhausting. I wish Temple would allow staff to work remotely in situations like this."

Want to

"Experiences vary by department. Entire campus could benefit from bias training. "
Healthcare
8 Weeks Paid | 4 Weeks Unpaid

Want to

"Temple has a good maternity leave policy for faculty. I felt that women were treated equally there, and there are women in high profile, leadership positions. I did not feel judged for taking maternity leave and was very well supported through my pregnancy and through two periods of illnesses ( both broken legs). There are opportunities for advancement for women there and I would recommend it to a colleague to work there. Work-life balance is difficult here, both because of commuting issues and demands of the workplace, which is why I only gave it a "B.""
Surgery
8 Weeks Paid | 4 Weeks Unpaid

Want to

"This is very much an "old club." I would say old boys club, but the women are just as exclusive as the men. They do not value young professionals here and if you're in your late 20s or early 30s, they assume you'll take maternity at some point soon so they don't even let you stay a year."