The Advisory Board Company

3.7

"Great maternity leave and phase back in program for women. Company is actively promoting women diversity. "
One thing The Advisory Board Company can improve?
"Paternity leave is only 2 weeks. "
Would you recommend The Advisory Board Company to other women?
"High growth company, big responsibility give to you early in your career makes way for frequent oppty to advance. "
"Firm stability "
"8 weeks paid under leave policy 4 weeks paid using my paid time off"
Would you recommend The Advisory Board Company to other women?
"Compensation is below industry standard for both men and women, and they are highly aware of this. McKinsey came in in 2014 (or around this time) and provided a ton of intel & guidance on compensation, work life balance, decision making, etc. I left shortly after for graduate school, but to my knowledge they didn't raise the typical salaries. They spun their base salaries - not including bonus packages for goals - as slightly lower because of the other benefits, which typically include a relatively lavish trip once per year (for example, I was able to take my mom to Cancun for 4 days, all expenses paid by the company). In my opinion, it just depends on what your priorities are. Many, many colleagues and friends of mine went to Politico because the pay and work-life balance was much more desirable, in their opinions. I think ABC is a great place to work 1) if you are young and flexible on compensation and 2) if you can enter at Director level or above."
"not sure"
One thing The Advisory Board Company can improve?
"For men and women who are on the senior levels (Directors and above), it appeared to me that there were many options for new parents. For example, my supervisor had a baby then worked 2-3 days per week from home. They have mothers rooms for nursing/pumping. Advisory Board has A LOT of female employees (just not in the c-suite) and while I am not a parent, I did hear good things about this aspect of the company. Additional flexibility comes as you climb the ranks, such as working remotely (another boss of mine telecommuted from Nashville). PTO is generous - 25 days even at entry level associate positions, if I recall. Given the focus on revenue, the last few weeks of each quarter are NOT flexible."
""
One thing The Advisory Board Company can improve?
"extremely variable by department"
Would you recommend The Advisory Board Company to other women?
"It's best to start right out of college and grow up here. They expect you to speak their language and are more likely to promote up vs. externally hire."
Would you recommend The Advisory Board Company to other women?
"The culture can vary quite a bit depending upon your team. Most of the teams I have been on have been pretty flexible in terms of taking off for doctor's appointments, WFH when you have a sick kid or need to sign for a delivery, etc. However, there is also a culture of working very hard, sometimes long hours/nights/weekends; it's not every day or week and it's not mandated, but often self-imposed. Some people do really well with work-life balance here, but I do not. There is a culture that does prize innovation, collaboration, and independence. I work with incredibly smart and dedicated people across the board, and I get to work on interesting problems."
, Business Intelligence