The Advisory Board Company https://www.advisory.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about The Advisory Board Company?

• 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

extremely variable by department

It's best to start right out of college and grow up here. They expect you to speak their language and are more likely to promote up vs. externally hire.

• 1

• 2

• 3

• 4

• 5

anonymous1234 Business Intelligence

The culture can vary quite a bit depending upon your team. Most of the teams I have been on have been pretty flexible in terms of taking off for doctor's appointments, WFH when you have a sick kid or need to sign for a delivery, etc. However, there is also a culture of working very hard, sometimes long hours/nights/weekends; it's not every day or week and it's not mandated, but often self-imposed. Some people do really well with work-life balance here, but I do not. There is a culture that does prize innovation, collaboration, and independence. I work with incredibly smart and dedicated people across the board, and I get to work on interesting problems.

Prettycrucial

They promote internally so it's best to start there right out of college

Lady Bee Me

I've worked here for three years, and in general women are treated fairly. The biggest issue is with promotion policy - in order to be promoted, you must effectively work two jobs at once. Your current job, plus the responsibilities of the job you want to be promoted two. You're expected to function at the higher level, but not paid the higher salary until you "prove" that you are worthy of promotion.

Lady jacksmama

The company is gender balanced up to the Managing Director level. I found myself enjoying great flexibility--I went part time following maternity leave, was able to leave at 4:30/5 to pick my child up from day care the days I worked, and was able to maintain a manageable work load. That came at an enormous expense though to my career progression. At ABC you are either on a fast track (traveling, working insane hours) or not on one at all. I left and am very happy with my new employer where I find myself enjoying flexibility, challenge, significantly better pay, and greater appreciation for the work I do.

Flexibility is offered but at the expense of career progression. Unsure about the future prospects of the company.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review The Advisory Board Company for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of The Advisory Board Company by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 6 reviews Company Website anonymous1234 Prettycrucial Lady Bee Me Lady jacksmama