The Aspen Institute www.aspeninstitute.org

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about The Aspen Institute?

I think having a good manager in this place makes it a better place for a woman.

Lady Penelope Program Manager

Men tend to dominate the highest leadership positions, but otherwise as with many non-profits, we're in a mostly female environment. I was treated well after maternity leave, and since I had a great, caring boss, was able to have a flexible work schedule after I returned. This varies greatly from team to team, and I also had a careless HR manager tell me how "lucky" I was to "get paid to do nothing" for three months while I was on maternity leave. The institute pays for 2 weeks of family leave, with your standard 6 weeks of disability pay and the rest covered by sick/vacation.

It depends where within the institute you're working. Basic HR policies are just average (the maternity leave is really nothing to write home about) but I happen to work with a team which values flexibility, and it's made it a great place to be while raising a young baby.

Women Review The Aspen Institute for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of The Aspen Institute by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 2 reviews Company Website Lady Penelope