Global Marketing

There are a lot of women at the company, however there is definitely a "boys club" here. Behavior tolerated and role hires are heavily influenced by who you know and the higher you get the more male exclusive it gets, making it harder for women to break in. Some departments are better than others, but an insular network definitely exists. Also if you aren't married with kids it's going to be hard to have things in common with your coworkers. Culture is extremely "suburbia" focused, which works great for most of the company, just hard for younger employees to find common ground and meet colleagues with similar interests.

Maybe. Depends on your boss/department

There is still an old-school, men-oriented culture with senior leadership and on some teams. Parental leave is seriously lacking. There is no official policy - only short-term disability. There is a flexible workplace policy, but not a very supportive environment for it. There are some bright spots depending on the team. It all depends on who you work for.

Maybe. Some departments are better than others

Good company

I've worked here for a year and there are a decent amount of women here, and there are a range of roles. It definitely can be a boy's club, especially if you get towards the top-- you don't feel it at the lower levels, but the voice of men seem to get louder as you climb the ladder, and I have seen very qualified, seasoned women with fewer opportunities to climb than their younger male peers. Maternity leave is only 6 weeks, which doesn't seem like enough to me-- if you want to take any longer than that, you need to use your own vacation time.

Maybe. If you have a great boss/team it's not bad-- if you don't, you get sucked into secretarial work even if that isn't your job. Also the general Coca-Cola employee is a middle aged white male, so young women may feel patronized at times.

Account Manager

Sales

I have been worked at my position for a little over a year and I feel I am definately treated as well and expected to perform just as well as the men in field. I am not given any slack because of my gender, but I enjoy the fact that I am not given any hand-outs and have the ability to earn my praise and recognition as much as any other employee! Women do very well as this company and our Market Unit Director is a female with a strong personality and I look up to and respect her very much.

Admin

Distribution

This company does not take sexual harassment seriously. After proof of documented harassment, I was punished for coming forward. All my overtime was stripped and I was restricted in my job.

Project Execution Department - Sales Support

If you're okay with taking an admin support role and advancing very little in exchange for job security, then this is a great company for you. There are many women in sales support, many minorities, but you will be nowhere near upper management after working your cubicle for 20 years, maybe just at a higher level of sales support. Team Managers are mostly women, and women are overall generally treated fairly in the workplace. The issue is, the upper level men in the company don't seem to take women in lower positions seriously or value them as they try to network. For example, a senior employee may invite a young man to play golf at a local charity event, but would not extend this opportunity to a young lady - in all fairness, not many of the young women in my department would accept such an invitation. Typical 'ol boy' mentality in corporate culture.

Maybe. Yes, if you would like a decent job, no if you're really looking to move up the corporate ladder.

Merchandiser

Front Line

This position requires a woman to be self-motivated. It is a physically demanding job keeping yourself a step ahead of the game will be an advantage. Women tend to work "cleaner" than men; setting them up for success. Women and men are treated equally and advancements is based on performance.

Administration

Administration

na

Brand Management

Still Beverages

Maybe. Not a great company but better than most in Atlanta.