"I believe women are getting a seat at the senior most levels but only through the new hire process. It's not as common to see women being actively championed or promoted from within. In some pockets of the company it stills a little like a boys network."
Would you recommend The Hershey Company to other women?
"I've worked here over 3 years and have had good career support. Granted, I perform my job well but my contributions are recognized and valued."
Would you recommend The Hershey Company to other women?
"No work life balance, many hours and not much time off depending on department and seniority"
Operator, Chocolate
"Lots of hours"
"The company is putting more focus on women and diversity, but in the higher levels there isn't a large representation"
N/A, Marketing
Would you recommend The Hershey Company to other women?
"If you have children already, you are given a ton of freedom. If you don't, it is a challenge to receive similar balance"
"I've worked here for three years. There are many women in senior roles throughout the organization. People are so nice. In general, treatment is fair and policies are flexible for women with families even though hours are long. Also most male directors and above have stay-at-home spouses, and average paternity leave is 1-2 days. If you are not a straight married woman, strong caution. While you will find a great community of associate-level unmarried women, higherups may view you as "less mature" and will definitely question your commitment to the organization and living in Central PA. For LGBT women, just be aware, there are very,very few role models within the organization."
Associate Brand Manager, N/A
Would you recommend The Hershey Company to other women?
"Great for straight women who are married; especially if you have or want kids."