University of Colorado

www.cu.edu

Madam Ambition

I've worked here just under 4 years and have yet to see one woman promoted beyond a support role. If that's where you start be prepared to stay. It's male dominated in mid & high level management and leadership roles. I think the benefits at CU are fair, but it's clear that women are judged for taking maternity leave. It's also clear under the few women managers that if you don't have children (and you're a woman,) you are expected to pitch in extra hours and aren't afforded flexibility because you don't have "real" responsibilities.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

If you are comfortable in a support-only role, women are treated well, but not in project management nor are they promoted above support if that is where they start.

Madam Jackson

Little to no paid maternity leave- just using sick and vacation time. There are lactation rooms available on campus that were recently updated. I never have to work late or on weekends. The on-site daycare is awesome, but extremely hard to get a spot. I felt pressured to minimize my maternity leave and HR mishandled it horribly. I was able to nurse my son at lunch every day for a full year due to the on-site daycare. I don't feel very respected.

• Recent Salary (USD)