US Forest Service

www.fs.fed.us/

singularity

If things seem off, find someone outside of your immediate work group to bounce things off of. It is not tolerated, but how you present your issue is important. Having a safe place for working out what you want addressed can be a big help.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Teleworking and flexible hours are really wonderful. Our field season is not long, and to make the most of it we can't always use these flexibilities, but I believe that comes with the type of work to a degree.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. Some places/staffs are better than others, but there is momentum to make things better more widely. I believe with good networks and mentoring it will change, and we need to attract more people to make that possible.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Maybe. Some locations are better than others, primarily because of their staff. I work as a firefighter, and the things I run into are largely due to unconscious bias that has become accepted throughout the culture. But there is momentum for change, and with good networking and mentoring we will change it.

Leo

If you're an LEO, or want to be, you can pretty much expect to be discriminated against.

It's pretty pathetic; you can take all of the vacation and sick time that you accrue; if you don't have any leave, you are SOL