W.W. Grainger, Inc. http://www.grainger.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about W.W. Grainger, Inc.?
XQMom

Grainger is a typical "Mid-west Nice" culture, meaning everyone is positive and says the "right things" but no one is willing to take risks or advocate for another. It is a very dog eat dog culture under the surface. If you don't fit the Grainger model - you will be quickly ostracized and cannot be effective.

Lady LevelThePlayingField

The company has very few women or minorities in any senior management positions. I worked there a number of years. The culture is one to avoid. I was unfortunately aware, firsthand, of two cases of harassment. Males in one instance forced a female colleague, while on a business trip, to visit a house of 'ill-repute'. In the other instance, a manager made overt advances to a female employee. His boss protected him. I take the information we are sharing here very seriously, and hesitating before sharing it, but trusting its anonymity, felt compelled to share.

Lady secretsociety Senior Manager, Ecommerce Strategy & Planning

I have worked here for 2 years. They provide good work life balance. Women seem to occupy good positions. However, there is only a few of them and there are not a lot of options to network to find a good mentor.

Lady Loveyourjob Manager, Ecommerce

One of the best things about working at Grainger is their commitment to flexibility. I have a very flexible schedule and can manage a demanding and rewarding career along with a family and personal goals thanks to this flexibility. Senior leadership can be male dominated and that can make it difficult to network up, but it is possible to break into those circles as a woman. The male to female ratio at the director level and above in eCommerce is about 1:10. While I would like to see more females in at leadership in our organization at Grainger, I have the utmost respect for our male leaders and feel that they do what they can to seek out and represent the female voice. If anything, there might be more opportunity for me as a female to advance in my department because Grainger is so committed to diversity and recognizes the unique voice of women. I will point out that there are very senior female leaders in many other parts of the Grainger organization (outside Ecommerce) and they are committed to helping women through out the organization and often serve as coaches and mentors. There is also a women's business resource group that is sponsored by female leaders and hosts many events throughout the year for women and men.

Lady mary2012

Very few high ranking women in this company. It is now and always has been a good old boys club.

Madam Mentor AM, Sales

Good company, with lots of opportunity. Customers can be a bit old fashioned, but generally very good to work with. Was nervous about the products breadth, but training helps, plus lots of support.

Good opportunity
Lady peace Account Manager, Sales

This is a company that truly treats everyone equally. I have not seen the first example otherwise. With that said, it is also a company that provides many perks to employees with a firm expectation of positive performance. There is no place to hide, so know everyone is held accountable.

Women Review W.W. Grainger, Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of W.W. Grainger, Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 7 reviews Company Website XQMom Lady LevelThePlayingField Lady secretsociety Lady Loveyourjob Lady mary2012 Madam Mentor Lady peace