Lady Ellen

Portfolio Manager

Centralized Underwriting

Wells Fargo has a mentorship program for female employees that places them with female mentors in another part of the company.

Lady Attorney

Counsel

Legal

This company makes strides to promote and include women. However, within teams, I belive women are treated less fairly related to pay and bonuses, along with promotion. While we do have some women "at the top" the women in the middle seem to struggle to make it up the chain more than men. From what I understand, the maternity policy is just use of vacation time and short term disability.

Lady Barbs1701

Store Manager

Retail Banking

Never took maternity leave, but knew quite a few co workers who did. Management constantly called them to see when they were coming back. Other women supervisors were very negative whenever a manager would announce pregnancy. No work to life balance with this company, all work all the time!

Madam seniorleader

Vice president

I've worked here for 16 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time. When we do take time off for maternity, there is pressure to return to work which dampens the experience. Employees can get up to 25 weeks of full pay based on tenure but job protection is only 12 weeks.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

There are some positives. For instance flexible work schedules and environments. Employees can work from home in some job roles.

Lady Blueyedspaz

Lead Teller

Retail banking

decent benefits and opportunity to grow. Big time pressure on sales though. Also very rigid/inflexible when it comes to certain things. However if you enjoy customer service and sales based jobs and you work well with strict structures then this is the job for you.

Lady Busybee45

Senior vice president

Wholesale banking

I've worked in corporate banking for 10+ years and Wells Fargo was by far the most formal, inflexible bank to date. My office is 90% men but they do offer a wellness room for pumping. I'm in California and found all the HR staff on the phone didn't know the California leave rules. It's amazing in a company of 250,000 people the only way to find out the true leave information was by word of mouth from other mothers. Overall they did a great job supporting me when I came back and I feel like my career didn't skip a beat which is nice.

Lady Gemma

Banker

Branch/Store

In my experience they are not friendly toward women with children, I was a working mom of a new born and needed to be able to pump breast milk. I was reluctantly given timed breaks at an absolute minimum and lead to believe I couldn't move up if this continued. I was forced to pump in the bathroom even though there was an office I could have easily used. I was constantly asked to stay extra time sometimes being 4 or 5 hours overtime on a weekly basis.

Lady Whatever

I've worked here for 5 years, I loved it prior to working for a woman that doesn't support other woman, and doesn't listen when concerns are brought to her attention. This company requires you to be competitive and willing to undercut others to get ahead. I have always believed in retaining team members and managing them into promotions not firing them or asking them to leave. Majority of the other managers in my district were also made away of my personal information that was not known fact, so it's also very much like high school. No one is willing to say it to your face, but always behind your back. So be prepared when someone knows something about you that only your DM or Manager may know.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

I have had different experiences in every district, it also varies on who your manager is.

Madam Lady boss 365

Branch Manager

Retail bank

If you are a legacy wells Fargo Bank then there is ample women denvelopment opportunities However the regions in the south very much are ran by men and still employee the good ol other mentality

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Depending on your region women could have a good experience

Lady Murr

Personal Banker

Wells Fargo firmly stands by its values of diversity and inclusion. This applies to sex, race, religion, as well as other things. They encourage having many different ideas and lifestyles in a team, for the company feels that this helps generate creativity and stop stagnation. Wells Fargo supports women in maternity leave, protected breast feeding/pumping time, and discounts/insurance plans to help with childcare. In my year here, I've met many women in leadership roles, and they are all there due to their own personal merit. I've received coaching and support about my own growth, and have had tremendous opportunity to advance in the company. This is a wonderful place for anyone, both women and men, to work.

Women Review Wells Fargo for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Wells Fargo by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 36 reviews Company Website Lady Ellen Lady Attorney Lady Barbs1701 Madam seniorleader Lady Blueyedspaz Lady Busybee45 Lady Gemma Lady Whatever Madam Lady boss 365 Lady Murr