marketingmama

Product Marketing Manager

Marketing

I would certainly inform women that promotions and pay grades are more favored toward the males...if you aspire to be an Executive, then this is NOT the company for you...if you plan to have any children, you will NOT want to work for this company due to the very low paying and inflexible maternity leave policy.

Depends on the department...some teams/groups WFH 3 days/week, while others are only permitted 1 day/week with no changes to that date. For example, if you have to be at work for a meeting on your WFH day that week, you are not able to adjust your schedule to WFH another day that week.

Maternity leave allows your first week of unpaid time as a "waiting period" followed by 5 weeks paid at 60% of your salary...investment into your 401K is suspended at this time...if you wish to extend your time into FMLA, you may (with approval) for an additional 6 weeks with NO PAY (hence the reason I was not able to take the additional 6 weeks). I have been through this twice already, and another time coming up this year. This plan is NOT comparable to other organizations of which we should benchmark ourselves.

Maybe. Depends on the position within the organization as well as the candidate's wants/needs in an employer.

Kitty1973

It is all what you make of it. I enjoy my position and what I do. There are always good days and bad days. Never let that get you down. Keep in mind that the grass may not always be greener here than what you're used to. Things that you know from other companies will no longer apply as there is a specific WESCO way of doing things that may go against what you're used to. Just be able to adapt and learn.

March18

It is a very male dominated industry. There are few women in leadership roles that aren't HR. You have to work hard to be in the in-crowd

It depends on the department you work in. Overall the culture is not flexible. If you get a good manager, you may experience otherwise.

artex1212

Operations

Very male dominated industry is reflected in the office and through supplier and customer relationships.

Vacation days continue to accumulate during leave. Bonuses prorated to exclude leave time.