Western Michigan University https://wmich.edu

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Western Michigan University?

I've been at WMU for eight years. I have experienced misogyny from male administrators, sexual harassment from both men and woman, and daily abuse from supervisors. Our HR is a joke and no one is held accountable unless they are so low on the totem that they would make a fuss when let go. Staff members are treated like servants, while faculty are treated like royalty. Every office is beyond short-staffed. My boss regularly tries to get me to divulge details of my family planning and has even referred to people like me as "breeders." WMU offers generous vacation, if your supervisor allows you to use your days. Sick leave is generous too, but staff members should expect supervisors who go out of their way to try to make you come in when you're sick or caring for a sick child. There is no formal allowance for a flexible schedule or working from home. Doing so is determined by individual department supervisors. Few women return from maternity leave.

Women Review Western Michigan University for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Western Michigan University by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2 stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website Lady anon625