Westpac Banking Corporation

3.7

MrsFka

Enterprise Project Finance Manager

Finance

Westpac proved to be a very women supportive place to work. they hired me knowing that I just got pregnant, they told me I was the best candidate and gave me the job regardless of my situation. They were very flexible no supportive during my whole pregnancy and paid me full maternity leave even tho I had to leave for Mat leave after 7 months. I wanted to take 9 months to be with my baby and they were ok with that and offered me various options to work when I had to go back (wfh, flexible hours, job share etc) unfortunately I moved out Sidney so I couldn't go back to Westpac, but I it was an amazing experience and in Westpac they do live their values and their women inclusion policies are real!!!

In Westpac you could take up to 2 years of unpaid mat leave and they will keep your job (depending on they type of contract)

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Gprincess

they expect you to work more hours than what you get paid for as a standard expectation, rather than it being something you do to help reduce your work load and progress in your career.

branch roles are very inflexible.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Madam anon829

Manager

WIB Finance

The Women of Westpac network was fantastic and really helped develop and support my career development. There are lots of forums and way to communicate thoughts and opinions about the business' strategy. There is a lot of incentive and encouragement to move horizontally into other teams, so as to develop your skillset. There are of course 'office politics' and a bit of being seen to be doing things, rather than doing them because they need to be done.