Williams Mullen www.williamsmullen.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Williams Mullen?

The overall policies of any law firm can be less important to your day-to-day life than the client management approach of your particular team. If projects are staffed appropriately, if your colleagues are diverse in their skill sets, if a team approach is encouraged, if the people who control work can deal with flexible schedules and remote working, you will be able to have a better work-life balance than you would at a place with facially attractive policies that help only in specific situations (i.e. A six-month maternity leave policy is of no help if your kids are 6 and 8 and you work in a heavy face-time environment). The firm seems to be encouraging flexibility and reducing face time expectations, and promoting to leadership positions people of the "parents of young kids" generation. The firm invests a lot in creating a collegial culture among the women attorneys and in retaining good talent.

I took 3 leaves at my prior employer. All were "paid -- meaning there was no break in my pay schedule -- but since compensation was entirely productivity-driven (as it often is for owners of small firms), my compensation was effectively reduced for years that were arguably less productive. That's fine to be reduced for a less productive year, but the firm had a three-year look back policy, so a maternity leave year impacted comp for three years. So, when people ask if I had paid maternity leave, I say, "yes. I paid for it for three years." Please note this was my prior firm, not this one. I provide it for context of how many midsized law firms operate (generally for shareholders, not associates.)

Women Review Williams Mullen for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Williams Mullen by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

5 stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website anon1739