Sign Up and Win $500! One new Fairygodboss per month is randomly selected. T&C's apply.

Xanterra Parks and Resorts

www.xanterra.com

Reservations And Sales

Customer Service

My experiences stem for working for Xanterra in Yellowstone, and may vary greatly from their other locations. However, Watchdog also recently uncovered a wealth of information about sexual harassment at Xanterra at the Grand Canyon. From a lack of locks on bedroom doors, security personal continuously inviting female employees over to 'watch movies' even after they previously declined, and the presence of overt sexism and homophobia, Xanterra is not a moral nor ethical company in my opinion. Several online communities have been created specifically for past employees to voice their complaints and post warnings about rampant misogyny and bigotry at this company, including rape accusations. I do not have information regarding corporate Xanterra, but for entry-level workers living and working within a National Park, I would push another woman to seek out a different employer.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

• Flexibility of the employer

Often working at Xanterra allows a woman the opportunity to live and play in a National Park - a one-of-a-kind adventure. However, I have serious misgivings about the levels of sexual harassment that occur on Xanterra property. Do your research before you go, and understand that you may be putting yourself in a vulnerable position.

As an employer that provides room and board for park employees, this employer needs to provide safer accommodations. The security personal and some workers frequently sexually harassed me and others, making us feel uncomfortable in our living situation. Women need to feel safe in their living spaces.

MamaBirdKates Girl

Men are in 90% of the upper management/director positions, and there's very little encouragement or developing the skills and talents and abilities of female employees. Men are able to work their way up from the bottom with little to no outside experience or education, but women have to have years of experience in the outside world and a degree in the field to be hired into an upper management position. Also, maternity leave is a joke, especially if your partner also works for the company (which, in a company town, they almost certainly do).

• Recent Salary (USD)