They are good they are flexible with your schedule and needs.

anon1575 Wellness Director

The Y values family and offers great day to day flexibility but there is no maternity leave what so ever and dealing with HR was a nightmare.

I was able to take time off under the FMLA but a max of 12 weeks and only 6 weeks of short term disability which only paid half my salary. I could use PTO to supplement and pay for the remainder of the 6 weeks. But I didn't have enough PTO personally. Luckily they allow other employees to donate PTO and I was able to stay off.
No maternity leave.

Flexible for family time and health needs.

At my workplace they areally given 8 weeks maternity leave unless their doctor gives them a note for longer.
Lady anon655 Counselor

I worked for three different YMCA's over the course of five years. The majority of the people in higher up positions were women and there seemed to be a lot of women employed. I mainly worked in child care so it's one of those jobs that is viewed as stereotypically for women, so any man that was on staff was praised even if they were pretty mediocre.

it depends on the location completly

Women Review YMCA for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of YMCA by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 4 reviews Company Website anon2510 anon1575 anon1308 Lady anon655