- Headquarters Location Chicago, IL (USA)
- Number of Employees 501-1,000
- Website www.westmonroepartners.com
West Monroe is a progressive business and technology consulting firm that partners with dynamic organizations to reimagine, build, and operate their businesses at peak performance. Our team of more than 800 professionals is comprised of an uncommon blend of business consultants and deep technologists. This unique combination of expertise enables us to design, develop, implement, and run strategic business and technology solutions that yield a dramatic commercial impact on our clients’ profitability and performance.
Highlights from West Monroe Partners
Meet a Fairygodboss at West Monroe Partners
Senior Manager, Energy & Utilities ChicagoJodi Bednar is a seasoned executive and consultant with a strong blend of business and technical acumen that enables her to deliver value for clients at any stage of transformation—from technology evaluation to network planning and design to implementation to operations management and ongoing network management.
Jodi is an accomplished program and project leader with an extensive track record for successful transformation, including planning and deployment of complex networks. For example, she set up a project management office to oversee all aspects of a five-year strategic initiative to replace analog circuits for a large investor-owned utility. She worked with the client to establish the annual budget, operational steering committee, and program management office. She now manages the various work streams to ensure adherence with scope, schedules, and budgets.
Jodi’s technical expertise includes extensive knowledge of both wired and wireless solutions. In particular, she has strong background in wired and wireless IP backhaul, licensed and sub-6 GHz microwave, and licensed and unlicensed point-to-multipoint and meshing technologies. She balances her technical perspective with broad industry experience in business process optimization, financial planning and budgeting, cost reduction and operational review, customer support, and sales management and optimization.
Over the course of her career, Jodi has worked with an array of wireless communications companies (mobile and fixed), competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs), Internet service providers, manufacturing and technology organizations, and state and local government entities. She also has extensive experience with smart grid and smart city programs.
Jodi earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Telecommunications Management from DeVry Institute of Technology.
When she is not busy with work, Jodi contributes as a volunteer to Chicago Cares and Food Tent.
Meet a Fairygodboss at West Monroe Partners
Director, Customer Experience ChicagoCindy is an innovative, customer-focused operations executive with extensive contact center experience and a unique blend of business consulting and deep technology expertise. She is skilled at driving change, developing competitive differentiation, and implementing cost-effective solutions while enhancing customer experience. Over the course of her career, Cindy has held executive positions in administration, operations, and customer experience. Her professional achievements include leading large business and IT transformation efforts, optimizing customer experience, and developing and executing call center strategy.
Cindy earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Colorado State University and a Masters of Telecommunications degree from the University of Denver. She completed the American Health Insurance Plan’s Executive Leadership Program and earned the distinction of Certified Health Insurance Executive.
What Women Should Know about Working At West Monroe Partners
Gender diversity statistics
- Women in workforce 29%
- Women holding senior management 19%
- Women directors on board 17%
Programs, initiatives, groups
- Unconscious bias training Yes, We introduced unconscious bias training to our Leadership Team in the fall of 2016 and then more broadly to our employee population later in Q4. We are offering Inclusion Awareness Workshops and training for our Career Advisors in 2017.
- Internal mentorship / sponsorship programs Yes, Our mission at West Monroe is to build the next generation of leaders. Every employee has a Career Advisor who is accountable for helping them meet their professional and personal goals and achieving career equity.
- Internal employee networking Yes, West Monroe invests heavily in our people first culture. All of our offices host social events, foster interest based committees, and empower networking. We also host “meet ups” in our offices with several external organizations giving our employees an opportunity to build and cultivate their network.
- Diversity initiatives / processes for recruiting Yes, The West Monroe Talent Acquisition function is committed to helping build our firm through diversifying our sources of talent. We partner with several diversity student groups through our campus recruiting efforts. We partner with JumpStart, an organization committed to introducing diverse talent to top employers. We recently formed a partnership with Ellevate offering our firm an opportunity to meet and build relationships with talented, passionate professional women. Finally, we are focused on continuing to foster an inclusive culture at West Monroe in order to attract and retain talent in a competitive field of options.
- Diversity initiatives / processes for performance evaluation Yes, Leaders strongly support the growth and development of all our people and budget accordingly. They have also mandated Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements through our curriculum and/or relevant external training courses. Each team member must attain a minimum of 40 CPE credits on an annual basis.
- Sabbatical leave benefits Yes, While West Monroe does not offer a formal sabbatical program, we do offer an opportunity for our employees to do good in the world. Our Fischer Fellowship Program empowers our employees to leave the firm for a period of time earning partial pay to give back to our communities in a way that is meaningful to them and their passions. West Monroe Partners has always been a community of driven, creative, and curious people, but it is our social good efforts especially that have brought out the compassion and loyalty in all of us.
- Executive coaching Yes, Some employees have taken advantage of executive coaching as part of their professional development plans.
- Flexible working policies While we have a number of offices, our workforce is spread throughout the US to allow us to serve clients in every market. To that end, we have many employees that live in places where we do not have an office and they generally work remotely when they aren’t traveling. Some of our employees encounter life changes that require them to move to another geographical location away from one of our offices and, in most cases, we are able to support those life changes. On a day to day basis, we provide employees with the flexibility to work from home if needed for family or personal needs. All of our employees are issued a laptop and our systems can be accessed from anywhere, allowing employees the freedom to balance their professional lives with their personal needs. Lastly, we have employees that work a reduced schedule – this allows them to continue to grow professionally, while having additional time to manage their families and home lives.
- Remote working No, As a firm we invest in creating attractive, collaborative office space. Our employees enjoy coming into the office when not working from client sites as a result. Roughly 85% of our employees do take advantage of working from home when needed or another flexible arrangements.
- Part-time working No
- Percentage of your workforce that takes advantage of flexible working 85%
- Paid maternity leave Yes, 6 weeks
- Paid paternity leave Yes, 2 weeks
- Adoptive paid leave Yes
- Short-term disability benefits Yes
- Lactation facilities Yes
- Phased-in post-maternity return Yes, We take an individual approach and work with each returning employee to help them ease back into work. Some take additional PTO at the end of their leave, some return on a part time basis for a few weeks, some work from home for a period of time. Our intention is to support the needs of each individual as they navigate their way in balancing their family and their work.
- Fertility benefits Some fertility benefits are available through our medical coverage.
- On-Ramping/Off-Ramping before and after parental leave Yes, West Monroe Partners takes an individual approach and allows flexibility in working from home, taking PTO before or after leave and/or working a partial schedule ramping up or down.
- Care-taking benefits information We provide a Dependent Care FSA but no formal childcare program at this time.