American Express Company Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
American Express Company offers 12 weeks of paid maternity leave, 4 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 2 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Tips & Comments
10 12 67% Consensus 12Submit a Tip
Paid Maternity Leave (weeks)
0 4 Median 8Submit a Tip
Unpaid Maternity Leave (weeks)
2 MedianSubmit a Tip
Paid Paternity Leave (weeks)
? Unknown - please leave a tipSubmit a Tip
Unpaid Paternity Leave (weeks)
Finance: Credit & Fund Services Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Finance: Credit & Fund Services industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at American Express Company
- Lady Donna 8 weeks paid 2 weeks unpaid
- Lady ipatch07 12 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady phxvirgo 8 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady EM 4 weeks paid 2 weeks unpaid
- Madamex Girl 12 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady Momwhowantsitall 12 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- TBD 14 weeks paid weeks unpaid
- shefroggies 14 weeks paid weeks unpaid
American Express Company Maternity Leave Comments
- "This company is very mom friendly- good work from home policy and maternity leave. It's a bit tougher to be fully virtual and there seems to be a glass ceiling if you are balancing being primary care giver and a career." - Lady ipatch07
- "I've worked here for 9 months after working at a consulting firm previously. There are SO many women here, it is almost overwhelming. My team is currently 80% women, and that is not uncommon. From what I hear, the parental leave policy is strong, and there is a big focus on work / life balance. However, the healthcare plans are truly sub-par and the environment can be very political-- more about who you know than about the quality of the work you do." - Madam anon688
- "I was able to add vacation / sick time to the end of my 14 weeks (this is leader dependent) so I was able to take a total of 18 weeks" - TBD
- "12 weeks is paid (6 weeks salary continuation, 6 weeks parental leave). Can take additional time off using PTO." - shefroggies
- "Amex has a positive, relationship-based culture and recently announced a great new parental leave policy. My one (gender-related) complaint is that there are not as many women in senior positions as there should be given that at lower levels some departments are dominated by women. " - anon2768
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typically during yo...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...