Booz Allen Hamilton Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
Booz Allen Hamilton offers 20 weeks of paid maternity leave, 0 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, 12 weeks of paid paternity leave and 8 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Consulting Services Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Consulting Services industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Lady Inspire 6 weeks paid 1 weeks unpaid
- Lady anon368 12 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady magicpsu 6 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady Ongurl 12 weeks paid 8 weeks unpaid
- Lady gingergirl16 6 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady Booz 2 weeks paid 10 weeks unpaid
- Lady New Mom & Career Woman 2 weeks paid 52 weeks unpaid
Booz Allen Hamilton Maternity Leave Comments
- "I would focus on networking like crazy and establishing credibility and a name for yourself before going on maternity leave, only because after children it gets much more difficult to attend networking events, and having a strong network and solid reputation is critical to be successful at the firm." - Lady Inspire
- "I would have tried to hit more boxes to get promoted prior to maternity leave" - Lady magicpsu
- "Maternity leave at Booz Allen is essentially non-existent. You get 2 weeks off paid by the firm only. After that you have to rely on your own accumulated leave or short term disability for the next several weeks. Men and women get the exact same amount of time off (called parental leave) which feels unbalanced. The firm is a good place to work, allows for working from home which is a huge bonus as a working mom - but the firm knows that the WFH is a bonus, allowing them to keep salaries lower than they should be for skills provided. Speaking of bonuses, there are none for anyone under senior associate. And there is a bottle neck at the lead associate to senior associate juncture. The cause of this that there is a disproportionate number of lead associates slots (thousands) to the senior associate slots (a hundred or so) making it unrealistically competitive to get promoted and those promoted are mostly men, as it is a male-dominated business (ratio is likely 1 female promo to 5 male promos, at best). This of course leads to significant attrition. There is tuition reimbursement of 5k per year, but you have to stay with the firm a year or pay it back. This part is not women-centric, but important to know." - Lady Booz
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typi...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...