Merck & Co., Inc. Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
Merck & Co., Inc. offers 20 weeks of paid maternity leave, 0 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, 12 weeks of paid paternity leave and 8 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Tips & Comments
6 6 67% Consensus 26
? Unknown - please leave a tip
? Unknown - please leave a tip
Pharmaceutical Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Pharmaceutical industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at Merck & Co., Inc.
- Lady Refined24 8 weeks paid 16 weeks unpaid
- Madam Fallon 8 weeks paid 8 weeks unpaid
- Lady Miller 6 weeks paid 16 weeks unpaid
- Lady surveysays9 6 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady Kattanon337 8 weeks paid 18 weeks unpaid
- Lady deludedmom 6 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady catherine 6 weeks paid 18 weeks unpaid
- Lady Robby062610 6 weeks paid 18 weeks unpaid
- Lady Cassie 6 weeks paid 10 weeks unpaid
- Lady ITgirl 8 weeks paid 8 weeks unpaid
- Madam PeterPan 12 weeks paid 12 weeks unpaid
- Duff 6 weeks paid 16 weeks unpaid
Merck & Co., Inc. Maternity Leave Comments
- "There are many women working here, but could use more women in upper management positions. Good maternity leave and benefits, including childcare discounts and back up babysitter options." - Lady bigduke
- "Gender politics coming into play varies by department and management, and is difficult to prove. I'd be more worried about overall office politics than any kind of discrimination based on gender. From what I understand, maternity leave is a joke. You can get paid for some of it if you have Aflac and don't sign up for it when you're already pregnant (it cannot be a 'pre-existing condition')." - Lady wyakin
- "I think the company has a lot of flex able options that help working mom's, however I do believe leaving for maternity is held against st the end of the year. When your review is done the time out is held against your rating leaving to fall in a letter wee bracket." - Lady Robby062610
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typi...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...