Saks Fifth Avenue Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
Saks Fifth Avenue offers 20 weeks of paid maternity leave, 0 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, 12 weeks of paid paternity leave and 8 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Tips & Comments
0 4 Median 8
? Unknown - please leave a tip
? Unknown - please leave a tip
Retail: Department Store Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Retail: Department Store industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Lady atallviolet 8 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady Grey 6 weeks paid 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady hackerbot 8 weeks paid 4 weeks unpaid
Saks Fifth Avenue Maternity Leave Comments
- "Be very discreet. Mind your own business. Do not trust people. Especially the nice ones." - Lady atallviolet
- "I've worked here for 5 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly. Upper management is male dominant but direct management is all female." - Lady Grey
- "Note that the policy for paid leave at Saks/HBC varies depending on where you are in the hierarchy of the organization and how long you've been there. I got 8 weeks paid leave (through disability) and 4 unpaid (FMLA) but most employees get a lot less. I worked at HBC/Saks in IT for 3 years. The schedule is predictable and the work can be really fun. However, it's the most political place I've ever worked in my 15 year (so far) career and in my opinion, the political climate was a lot harder on women than on men." - Lady hackerbot
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typi...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...