I was recruited away from my stable wonderful job of 14 years with the promise of new shiny title and job duties. Unfortunately, it only lasted a year as I was recently laid off. It is so hard to not look back and wish that I had not made the choice to leave. However, trusting in me has really helped me move through the past few weeks. It sounds strange to remember to trust yourself - right?!
I am taking a new approach and am retraining myself to leave the negative feelings behind and choosing to live my life as positively as possible. If I sit and stew about what happened I can find myself annoyed all the time. Every time I start to go negative I would remind myself of the wonderful parts that I can now claim from my experience there.
- New title that is opening more doors for me now.
- Great new accomplishments for my resume.
- The understanding that what I do for a company is not ordinary but extraordinary and to celebrate that!
- Clarity on asking specifics during a Job interview.
- Understanding what I want/need in a company and management.
It is really up to each and every one of us to carve out our own adventures. Find the positive and believe in the laws of attraction. I choose positively! Join me - it is very freeing!