My interviewers have not contacted me when they said they would. How should I proceed?
I have been pursuing a position with a local real estate company. I went to the first interview and was quickly invited back in for a second interview. I was told that they would be making a decision last Thursday, but when Thursday came, I received the following text message from one of my interviewers: "I just got back from my trip. We are down to just two candidates and we are working hard to make a decision. We have been very impressed with you and think you would be a great addition to the team. You can plan on having a decision from us by Monday night."
I was anxiously checking my phone and emails yesterday hoping for some good news, but I haven't received any news at all. At this point, I'm not even sure if they have made a decision yet. Of course, I'm in a panic now because it seems that most employers don't update candidates that they reject and I'm concerned that they chose the other candidate instead.
Should I reach out to this employer?