I've been invited to speak at an event and I thought it'll be a good idea to try and solicit some guidance on FGB as to how I may be able to make this time very worthwhile for the audience.
The topic the organizer wants me to discuss is:
"'Gumption : you can crumble or you can conquer . Don''t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams. Sometimes it takes xxxxx to be a woman".
I'm not sure I would agree with the last sentence but I am not intending to spend too much time disputing this.
As I start to pull my thoughts together, I would really like to hear from anyone who'd be kind to give me feedback on how I could make this topic ROCK! I'm a regular speaker at conferences and from a presentation stand point (poise, eye contact, what to wear, language, intonation), I'm confident. I could definitely benefit from hearing back on:
- What would you like to hear (I'm trying to stay away from thumping my chest through life stories)?
- Are their stories of women out there that I could share?
- Should I open the session with a Youtube Video or some audio visual?
- Should I be sharing some notable quotes, statistics?
- Are there solid material out there on a similar topic that I could leave the audience with?
This event is going to be held over an entire Saturday and I'm doing the opening session. There's going to be 300 eager middle - senior mgmt women who will be attending this with the hope of being inspired and to network.
I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of you on this platform and would welcome any suggestions you may have .