How do you both work from home and take care of the kids?
My boys are 15 years, 11 years, and 4 months. My job is 100% remote. I've been working at this job for two weeks now, and have only put in enough actual work hours for about two days.
* My husband got sick. The baby got sick. Then I got sick.
* The big boys are starting school, so they have open houses and supply and uniform shopping and such.
* My oldest is getting his permit and needs day-time driving practice.
* My father two states away won't take care of himself, so my aunt called adult protective services to help. They need paperwork from next of kin, so I've been running to the notary.
* Back to school dr. appointments
* My in-laws are dealing with stuff, so we get called to their home in the evenings.
How do you actually get work done when you're taking care of an infant? I nurse him, but he doesn't really want to sleep in his crib -- just my arms. My husband pops him into the infant carrier and goes about yardwork and all, but I can't do that for work on the computer.
And how do you get your family to respect that you are actually at work? How do you convince the big kids not to bug you every three minutes while they're home on summer break, or right when they get home from school?
And what do you do with a toddler or a pre-schooler?
What are your best tips, ladies? I'm desperate!!
Edit: My work is task-based and I am getting work done as assigned. I have unlimited PTO, and have taken it appropriately. I am not doing uniform shopping or driving lessons or anything during my work day, but rather, my nights and weekends are devoted to those tasks.
Lunch prep -- great idea
Nanny share -- I have never heard of that and will have to try it
Co-working space sounds amazing