I have recently acquired a new position and while I'm happy to be back doing things related to my degree, I also am encountering multiple issues with my new work place.
For one, there is a LOT of mismanagement and miscommunication. I was told about a new project today and that *someone else* wanted to set up a meeting with me. This person did not call me, text me, or email me to let me know they wanted a meeting. I found out from a colleague.
2. I found out some unfavorable things about the CEO. I found out that he regularly yells at and threatens to fight employees. The company is manual labor and I understand that while I am female I won't experience the brunt of the anger, but I still do not think this is acceptable. I understand this is a man's business, but this honeslty scares the crap out of me. I know at some point I will do something wrong and I will get yelled at, but I fear that every day is my last day.
I keep getting told by my colleagues to "Not make the CEO mad". And "just wait until you see the CEO mad." "Don't put your feet up on the chair because if the CEO sees that, he'll get mad and fire you." I feel like I'm working in a dictatorship and I'm constantly on edge that I'm going to miss something and end up getting fired as a result. It's a small company so no one really has the guts to stand up to him and tell him that his behavior isn't okay. I've seen emails between him and the previous marketing coordinator and it was one of the most scathing things I've ever read in my life.
I have PTSD and the CEO reminds me of my father. It doesn't help that all of these rumors are reminding me of him and leaves me triggered.
I have a lot of jumps in my resume from last year because I was underpaid and dealt with really toxic bosses that borderline abused me so I had no choice but to seek other employment. I have no idea how to proceed.
My current strategy is to just do my job and make sure I work there 6-12 months before looking for another job.
I want to stay at least 6 months but I am thinking that I might have to leave before then. Any advice on what to do?