I am considering a career change into UX/UI design.
I'm still in the research phase and would love to know about your thoughts and experiences.
I have a few questions like...
- What boot camps or programs do you recommend?
- How long did it take for your career to solidify?
- What is the work/life balance like?
- How are the people and general work culture in this industry?
- What was your experience with different types of work, from freelance and startups to large corporations? From mobile design to websites?
- I've also heard you're not expected to know everything in the UX/UI design process and can be more specialized in areas like coding, research, or design. Is this true?
- How competitive do you find the market nowadays?
- What are the qualities that make a good UX/UI designer?
- And anything else you believe is worth sharing!
Thanks for all your help! Feel free to ask me questions, too.
Looking for a new job?
Our employer partners are actively recruiting women! Update your profile today.
The Fairygodboss Feed
We're a community of women sharing advice and asking questions