Quantcast
Help! Huge Decision | Fairygodboss
Mystery Woman
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
Don’t miss out on new opportunities.
YOUR TOPICS
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
YOUR GROUPS
Discover and join groups with like-minded women who share your interests, profession, and lifestyle.
COMPANIES YOU FOLLOW
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
Anonymous
Help! Huge Decision
Hi all, I need help. I got a job a new company - the company is really strong right now during covid and the position is good and feels like a stretch from what I'm doing now. It's a lateral move however from a title standpoint. I haven't been growing in my current role and decided it was time to leave. When I gave my notice I found out I am getting a promotion at my current company and my boss will be changing and it will be a better situation. I'd have to rescind my offer from the new company. The work still won't materially change here, but will be better. I do think I will be happier in this new situation and the promotion is in line with my career goals. I don't know that I see myself here long term though, and I did feel like the new company was a place I could really just stay for a long time - but it's a risk. I could 1) rescind my acceptance, try the role at my current company, risk burning a bridge with the new company and find a new job next year if this new situation doesn't pan out with the promotion on my resume now or 2) I can take a risk and go for the lateral at the new company. Any thoughts and guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!
4
15 Comments
15 Comments
User deleted comment on 01/05/21 at 1:07PM UTC

Looking for a new job?

Our employer partners are actively recruiting women! Update your profile today.

tag with leaves
girl-one-image
The Fairygodboss Feed
We're a community of women sharing advice and asking questions
background-svggirl-two-image
|Ask anything (even anonymously)…