“Your ego is not your amigo” is something that a good friend of mine says often. It not only always makes me laugh – but is a friendly reminder that having a beginners mindset (instead of touting your expertise) can be a huge performance builder in your business!
“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s mind there are few.” (Shunryu Suzuki)
• Do I brainstorm freely – like a kid?
• Where can I innovate in my business (instead of compete)?
• Do I focus more on questions and not just answers?
• How am I “feeding my mind” each day with new information?
• Do I apply my experience in new and different ways to solve problems?
• Do I pre-judge situations and challenges – instead of asking questions and being open to new ideas?
• Can I let go of my fear of failure and just trust my intuition & creativity?
• What’s my ratio of listening to talking in most circumstances?
It’s a childlike concept in some ways – but can build strength, agility and resilience into your business like no other!
Get out there and be a beginner again! (It’s good for your ego too!)
#beginnersmindset #backtobasics #crewhouseconsulting #mindset #entrepreneur #resilience #ego #business