In our unprecedented times and our every-changing circumstances, encouraging resilience in the workplace is more important now than ever before. But how can you ensure that your employees are able to persevere and bounce back stronger than before?
1. Focus on positivity. If you create a positive work environment, employees will be more likely to want to return and thrive in that environment. Go out of your way to compliment and encourage your employees.
2. Treat problems as lessons. Making a mistake may set someone back, but if they view the issue as something to learn from, they're bound to make improvements for the future.
3. Develop goals together. It's important for employees to understand the bigger picture and how they're contributing to that. Setting goals together ensures a sense of purpose and accountability.
4. Foster a supportive community. Care more deeply about your employees' emotional wellbeing and be curious about (although not intrusive in!) their day-to-day personal lives. This will help build meaningful, holistic relationships.
5. Celebrate success. Big or small, make sure your employees feel recognized for their accomplishments. Further, ensure that they feel responsible for their wins and know that they deserve to be celebrated!
How have you built employee resilience at work? Is this something you started focusing on since COVID, or have you done so in the past?