Looking for thoughts here. I have been offered a job that I'm overqualified for pending a background check. I made the decision to try to negotiate schedule rather than pay because I'm hoping to have at least one day off with my husband. However, HR made the offer, so I have to wait to hear from my hiring manager about schedule. If schedule is non negotiable, is it reasonable for me to ask for slightly higher pay on the grounds of my qualifications? My offer is contingent on a background check and HR asked if I wanted to move forward, so I haven't signed any offer letters yet. I am totally falling into the trap of not wanting to ask "too much" but I've previously been a manager above the level of position I'm being offered. I'm just worried that if the schedule isn't negotiable, I'll now be stuck being paid less than I'm worth and with no days off with my husband.