No matter where you are in your career, your goal should always be to strive toward progress and your big next step. Whether you're just starting out or making a career transition later in life, here are some tips to launch your career forward.
1. Build a core mentorship group. Surround yourself with mentors within your professional and personal life who can help you along the way and provide all kinds of feedback and encouragement.
2. Make yourself visible. Go to happy hour or that extra work event — it won't go unnoticed.
3. Network with people in similar roles both inside and outside of your industry. Collaborate and share knowledge from your experience; this will help you learn new strategies for current and future jobs.
4. Establish a good working relationship with not only your manager, but your manager's boss. This can help you get more opportunities company wide.
5. Make sure you're getting the basics right. Be on time, ask questions, pay attention, and get your work done before the deadline.
What other little-known tips have helped you take the next step in your career?