Being on the job hunt isn't easy, and you might be making it harder for yourself without realizing it! Here's some of the top mistakes that might be hurting your chances.
1. You have too much information on your resume. You only have a few seconds to make a good impression — consider what's most relevant to the position you're apply for.
2. You're only applying online. Although there are many great sites with job postings, make sure you're using your network to find opportunities as well. Over 70% of jobs come from networking.
3. You're not focusing on what you can do for the company. While it's important that the company works for you, you'll first need to prove that you're the best choice for the company — and all of the wonderful skills you can bring to the table.
4. You're casting too wide a net. Focus on finding the right opportunities for you, not just "any job."
5. You don't follow up. Following up is a great way to show your appreciation and include any extra details not on your resume or in the interview.
Have you made any of these job search mistakes before? What did you change and how did you grow from it? What other job search mistakes do you see often?