Credit Risk Associate
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You Love This Job:
Being a member of our Risk Management team, you’ll work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
The incumbent will be responsible for assessing the creditworthiness of a portfolio consisting of banks, broker-dealers, and other financial institutions in support of the Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) team.
• Analyze financial statements to identify credit risks and mitigants, and to assess trends in financial institutions’ (e.g., banks, broker-dealers, insurance companies, central securities depositories, etc.) capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality, and liquidity/funding management
• Perform annual reviews and ongoing surveillance of member firms across clearing corporations, to assess the creditworthiness of member firms.
• Participate in gathering requirements for the design of credit risk monitoring tools to further automation and other risk-related initiatives.
• Work with internal departments, including CCPs, Legal, and Compliance, to maintain transparency when assessing potential risk exposures within member firms.
• Review new member full-service applications to assess the financial condition meets DTCC member requirements.
• Recommend placing member firms on enhanced surveillance based on newly disclosed material events.
• Demonstrate regulatory awareness and compliance and ensure adherence to risk-related policies and best practices.
• Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
**NOTE: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed for Success:
• Minimum of 6 years of related experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
• Excellent knowledge of financial statement analysis for various financial institutions, particularly banks and broker-dealers
• Fundamental credit analysis skills, including knowledge of CAMELS and other rating systems
• In-depth understanding of regulatory rules and regulations
We offer top class training and development for you to be an asset in our organization!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
To Apply: https://ebxr.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/preview/201520/?keyword=201520