THREE COMMON LIMITING BELIEFS AND HOW TO REFRAME THEM! 1) "I'm too old / too young" - your age is just right. What matters is today because yesterday is long gone and tomorrow is not here yet.
Reframe - "It's never too early or too late to start taking action for my dreams."
2) "I'm not smart / not educated enough" - the truth is no one knows everything, and everyone can learn. Think of someone you look up to and ask yourself, does that person know everything? Or, does that person have the desire to learn? If that person can learn, you can too!
Reframe - "I'm a lifelong learner, and I don't have to know everything to succeed."
3) "I'm not good enough" - based on whose standard? What is good enough, anyway? Don't worry about what other people think or say about whether you are good enough because they are not living your life. If anyone is judging, that person is probably miserable and dealing with their own issues. The critical question is, are you being the person you want to be and leading the life you want to live. If yes, great! If not, then it's time to think about what you need to do to get there. You are good enough to handle that!
Reframe - "I'm good enough to be the person I want to be and lead the life I want to live."
Your belief affects your action, and your action shapes your reality. Any amount of limiting views that you hold for yourself will become your truth if you allow it. It's time to shake it off and unlearn your limiting beliefs.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
To begin the unlearning process, ask yourself:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- What's my limiting belief? What's holding me back?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Where did this come from, and why do I believe it's true?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- How does this belief serve me?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Acknowledge this limiting belief without judgment. Take on the role of a rational, impartial, and kind observer, and watch your thoughts come and go. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Free yourself if a past mistake caused your limiting belief. Forgive others if they intentionally or unintentionally brought this belief upon you. Let go of what happened in the past that created this belief. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Sit back, close your eyes, and breathe in through the nose and breathe out through the mouth. Imagine strengths flowing in with each inhalation, and your limiting belief dissipates with each exhalation.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Action steps after reading this post:⠀
-> Counter your limiting belief by writing down why it's not true. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
-> Create a mantra that is the opposite of your limiting belief and write it out 3 times every day.⠀
Let self-discovery and personal growth be your daily goal. Cheers to a thriving future.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀