3.8

"Adobe is a great place to work. Great leaders, culture and people. "
One thing Adobe Systems can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
, Human Resources
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Adobe is a great place to advance your career as a woman. The company invests in resources and development opportunities for women, more than I've seen many other companies do."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"The HR group doesn't seem to understand that the issues for technical women may be a little different than the issues for women in technical roles. They are also spending a lot of time drilling women in improving their EQ, but AFAICT not much time working with the men in leadership who may need some help understanding the role they're playing in the attrition of women at mid-level."
"not sure"
One thing Adobe Systems can improve?
"This is a huge company, it will vary from group to group."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Many parts of Adobe are very good. The group I worked in was not. It was an engineering group run by older white men who were very entrenched, and gave lip service to diversity. If you decide to consider a job there, do some research on how women in similar positions in your specific group (if they exist) are progressing in their careers."
"It is a true boys network where the majority of senior roles are filled by men"
"not sure"
One thing Adobe Systems can improve?
"I'm Canadian our Mat leave is the way all women should be treated"
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"The culture, the people - they are amazing. There are exceptions to the rule anywhere you look, but I can't imagine being so supported elsewhere!"
Account Director, Marketing
"Work from home, flex time off, 2 annual shutdowns, sabbatical, etc."
"Since I took my leave, Adobe has changed its policy to offer 26 weeks of paid leave."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Take advantage of all the opptys to be known and meet people across the functional org, and up the mgmt chain. Having a good network for information, influence, etc. it really helps to get things done. A focus now on women and helping them get visibility, etc. "
One thing Adobe Systems can improve?
"I left for reasons unrelated to gender equality, though I will say that were very few role models for women to have meaningful roles that were not full time. There were a few women you found out about through the grapevine who were rare species. Re: earlier responses to Question #3, I think it applies most in technical positions. "
Senior Product Manager,
"The biggest challenge for me was all the conference calls, especially when working with another geo like India. Late night and early morning calls were the norm to stay in sync with those teams. "
"Hard to remember - I took off 6 months total thought. The max from CA, 4 weeks for my sabbatical, and perhaps remainder was unpaid... Since that time Adobe has increased coverage to be more aligned with other tech peers (2015/2016 possibly). "
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"So long as you don't report into the Utah office, it's a good place to be. If you're in the Bay Area, it's a great place to be. "
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"I would recommend the Digital Media Business Unit. The Digital Marketing Business Unit is based in a Mormon part of Utah so the culture is very different. "
"Pretty solid but as a younger woman there is a clear dearth of leadership roles to grow into as the average age of the company is older and people don't really leave."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"It really depends on which team you're on and the ratio of men to women within that team. "
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Adobe strives to live by its core values - genuine, exceptional, innovative and involved. "
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Adobe is a typical male-dominated tech company environment/ boys club. There are 14K employees and 30% are women. I see no women with children in the senior leadership. The macho all-in work culture exists and I see no part-time or flexible work options(like job shares). Employees can work from home if they arrange it with their manager but I see this as table stakes. Each employee seems to be weighed down with a lot of work. As a product marketing manager I work almost every evening and sacrifice a lot of important time with my children to stay afloat at Adobe."
Product Marketing Manager, Digital Media
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Lack of opportunities for those outside of headquarters. Middle managers often not given reign to create positive change or bring new ideas to the table. Lack of support and opportunity is frustrating for ambitious women who do not like being boxed in to narrow roles. New generous maternity leave benefits appear positive on the outside. The catch is the lack of coverage while one is out combined with the lack of support/judgement on how much time one takes upon returning to the office. These issues must be addressed."
Marketing, N/A
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"If you are outside of California the benefits follow the state - generally 6 weeks of paid maternity or 8 or 9 if c-section. The pay is good but there is ZERO coverage while you are out. On maternity leave I felt grateful for my being home. When I game back the following 9 months were the worst of my career. I had the same goal for four quarters though I had been out and no one had even made a call on my behalf. Also HR gave me incorrect information and messed up my pay. It was as if there were no women on maternity leave ever so they did not know any better. It's a male heavy company especially in sales. I enjoyed the products I sold very much there but I left because the year after maternity I felt pushed me to the edge."
Sales, Sales
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Great place for women to work especially with new benefits."
Marketing, Marketing
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Adobe cares deeply about employees and the benefits are very good. Flexible vacation negotiated with your manager, no bean counting. Management roles fall directly down gender lines: Women predominate in Marketing, Men in Executive Management, Engineering, and Product Management roles. There is a definite gender gap."
Producer, Global Marketing Organization
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Be strong and assertive. Emotionally intelligence is strong at Adobe, for both men and women. I am surrounded by strong, educated, accomplished women - and it is inspiring. Best company, best people."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"The company is trying to support advancement of women from a training perspective but from a true advancement to VP levels, it is falling short. California and New York office are doing okay. Utah and India are way short on women in key leadership positions."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Better than most high tech but not as good as starting your own company. Not very many women at the VP and above level."
"I worked for over 4 years and the team that I was in was under constant flux. Pay was excellent and perks attractive but advancement was limited for women when compared to men."
N/A, IT
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"there are a lot of women working here, but unusually few in product or eng. Management is male-dominated and not diverse, something of a 'boys club' especially in the US offices. This which makes it tougher for women to advance in their ranks."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Would depend on department and location"
"It's really hard to "move up" the corporate ladder. I've worked at Adobe as an individual contributor and I feel there there isn't any support from my manager about how to further my career in any way outside of my current role."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"There is a strong group of women who work together and support each other."
"Engineering is old gaurd male. Very few women are making decisions despite what you see in leadership (COO), women are the organizers, men are technical 'deciders'."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"In Engineering you have to work harder, be smarter and likely still be in a supporting role"
"I have only worked at Adobe for 3 years and absolutely LOVE my team and in general, the company culture. There are lots of opportunities for women to get involved and also grow their leadership ability."
Senior Manager, Corporate Development
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Overall, a great company to work for with very intelligent employees and an awesome culture. Adobe sponsors high potential women through a leadership development course, and the company has programs in place to promote women in leadership. The company recognizes the need for more women in technology and at the top. However, there are still only two women at the C-level (HR and marketing). Maternity leave is not good: 6 weeks DISABILITY pay and the rest is unpaid leave (through FMLA). Women are not allowed to use vacation (PTO) during maternity leave."
Would you recommend Adobe Systems to other women?
"Yes, although maternity leave not great"