"This company is now part of Verizon after being acquired and has been renamed Oath. However, as far as the tax department it was very working mother friendly."
One thing AOL can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Senior Tax Analyst, Accounting
"6 weeks paid with short term disability, 2 weeks paid by company, 1 week of my vacation used. Also was given 4 weeks unpaid, but job protected "bonding leave" per company policy that kicked in after the 12 weeks for FMLA."
Would you recommend AOL to other women?
"The CEO had committed to having equal pay for women and 50/50 male/female leadership by 2020. But there is still a long way to go. Lots of teams (including the CEO's leadership team) are still made up of a majority of white males."
One thing AOL can improve?
"It varies from manager to manager, and function to function but most managers are fairly flexible. 16 week mat leave is the standard I've heard most other moms take, since the company offers an extra 4-weeks of (unpaid) job-protected leave on top of FMLA requirements."
"Paid weeks included weeks that I received disability and my employer matched the difference of my full salary, as well as weeks that I used up all vacation days, floating holidays and sick days. You need to use up all those days before you take unpaid leave."
Would you recommend AOL to other women?
"Dont make waves, prove yourself first and then ask about flexibility. "
"not sure"
One thing AOL can improve?
"again, very team dependent. If you do have flexibility it is like a dirty secret and you are often times considered "lucky" based on your manager. "
Would you recommend AOL to other women?
"Some teams are more diverse at the leadership level (Account Management, for example), while others are all men at the top , which will limit your growth opportunities. "
"Demand more for pay and promotions, after diligently doing your homework. AOL is (sadly) one of those places where in order to truly get what you want/deserve, you have to come in with a counter-offer. Keep in mind that a company is NOT your family - demand more because you're worth it and it's a free market."
Would you recommend AOL to other women?
"Really varies based on which unit they'd be considering joining. Overall, the executive ranks are plagued by Older White Male disease, promotions (titles especially) tend to be based less on actual merit/experience and more on male ego, and pay is grossly unequal for women. Highly misogynist environment in sales and adtech teams, and sexual harassment was plentiful."
"The benefits and flexible work/life balance is great if you can survive the layoffs and constant reorgs. "
Would you recommend AOL to other women?
"Research details about your manager ahead of time. Interview them about their management style. Find past employees to speak to vet any concerns. Do not assume a female manager will be the most supportive; most male managers are equally, if not, more so supportive of employees regardless of gender. Except some of the Israelis (mostly on the engineer side) who come from a culture that is still male-dominated. "
One thing AOL can improve?
"Fix the culture to accommodate to the changing times."
Director,
Would you recommend AOL to other women?
"Culturally the company has seen a negative turn in morale since the Verizon acquisition and MSFT partnership. Quality of life and positive attitude is dependent on what team you work for (management-based). The marketing organization is 90% female but is fiercely competitive and cliquish. I've been with the company nearly a decade and in this current environment very rarely feel safe in my position or that my (female) manager has my back. "
1 - 5 of 13