Lady Let'sgetitdone

It's important to bring a can-do attitude to work every day. The hours can be long and you might be given huge tasks that you aren't even sure where to begin solving. The key is to let folks know 'you are on it'. Pay attention to build relationships across the company, not just at your level but above and below. There are many opportunities to work cross functionally and the better your internal network, the more successful you will be. Pay close attention to how more senior women have advanced. Seek out mentors, even if they are unofficial - they can help you learn the culture and how to get things done. Don't assume that other senior women will be your best mentor. Find someone who gets you and can help you advance.

Lady Marifer

FRS

Family Room

Its a good company

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Women are respected for their tech-savviness.

Lady Tech Girl

Amazing place to work, tech savvy women are treated the same as tech savvy men!

Madam TechUnique

Business Specialist

Apple Retail

(Entry date March 2015) I worked in an Apple Retail Store for over 3 years. In general, the company has great benefits that support families in many ways, I have absolutely no complaints about the support they offer on a corporate level for women and families. My concerns are more with the opportunities to grow in Apple Retail, especially as a woman. I am very relational, great with people, and have a good attitude and a strong work ethic. I started as a part time (Sales) Specialist and was offered the opportunity to apply for (and received) a rare full-time opportunity after my first year. About 6 months later I earned a promotion to (Sales) Expert. Within the next 6 months I earned a position on the Business Team as a Business Specialist (lateral move). What I found in my time in Apple Retail is that there are opportunities for movement, but you must take the initiative to make it happen on your own. Look for ways to be a leader in your department, find opportunities to improve processes especially between departments, and be proactive about your career growth. My managers were always supportive of my growth, but I had to initiate much of that, and with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for my job, my team, and my company I was able to stand out among my peers. What I found more difficult was any opportunity for breaking into the management level. It is far easier to make lateral moves, and Apple Retail is supportive for those wanting to move to different departments within the store, but breaking into management is difficult. In my store, of 7 managers, only one was female, a lower-level manager. There are fewer female Geniuses and Sales Experts. Maybe this is because fewer women pursue technology careers, but still... I found for management positions they tend to hire from outside (managers from other technology stores) and more male candidates than female. We need more women in technology careers!

Lady Latinpower

Human Resources

A major Diversity & Inclusion initiative has been launched and many actions have been taken to ensure equality at all levels. Initiative driven from the top down, really amazing to see and be part of. Very powerful and inspirational female leaders, number is increasing around the world. Very supportive in balancing family and work responsibilities.

Madam anon192

Its a wonderful place to grow. your success depends on you and how bad you want it

Lady FarleyGirl

I have been there for 15 years. Once we decided to grow the family, our benefits made it so easy. Especially for being older and getting pregnant was not easy. Apple was flexible and benefits made it possible to actually do something I would not have been able to do on my own. Once I returned from maternity leave I was able to attain a work from home position. More recently I am back on campus working in a different role, but once again find myself wanting to work from home. My leadership team is seeing solutions to help this happen for me. I live about an hour from work so the drive has since taken its toll. My performance and reputation I'm certain have helped make this possible.

Lady Pithysage

Having kids makes it very difficult to work for this company and I've worked in several different departments within Apple. Or maybe working at this company makes it difficult to have kids. Bosses don't seem to understand that emergencies happen with children.

Lady TJ

We are hiring more and more women. The company itself is a great company to work for. Great benefits fir everything from medical to products. Work life balance is pretty good most of the time. However it is retail so there are a lot of nights, and weekends. You need to be prepared for that. If you can get into apple you have made it in the retail world that is for sure!

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Apple in the past year?

say gotten better

No comments yet.

say gotten worse

No comments yet.

say the same

There is definitely still a disparity between the amount and male and female employees and leadership. But the more Apple continues to stay true to their promise of diversity, I'm hopeful that will change. There are opportunities for women to move up, but it can seem discouraging when you don't see as many women in leadership positions.

Women Review Apple for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Apple by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 83 reviews Company Website Lady Let'sgetitdone Lady Marifer Lady anon191 Lady Tech Girl Madam TechUnique Lady Latinpower Madam anon192 Lady FarleyGirl Lady Pithysage Lady TJ