Apple

Headquarters:Cupertino, CA(United States)10,000+ Employees
3.8

"Working here is pretty fantastic. We make the best products, have some of the smartest, most driven and caring teams around, and our benefits are first rate. That said, the tech industry as a whole is pretty male dominated. There aren't a lot of females around for you to mentor or for you to try and identify a path to success with. Things like moving from an entry-level position to a mid level leader can be really tough, because there are so few women acting as mid or lower level leaders. I sometimes think they might not "see" you as an option to promote. The only other difficult part of the limited number of females, is the lack of females starting families. Most women are college aged themselves or have school age children. When I had questions on what pregnancy at work looked like or how maternity leave worked, I had to refer to HR and was unable to ask my peers. It wasn't the worst thing, and is hardly a knock on the company, but it can make it interesting for someone who is trying to find resources from friends. If you do start a family while at Apple though ...the maternity leave is great. I was on leave for four paid months bonding with my little one!"
Would you recommend Apple to other women?
"I'm new. so far it's ok."
Would you recommend Apple to other women?
"I believe that women's roles are improving everywhere, and Apple's a great place to start. The pay/hourly wage is right where the men's is at. Promotions and oppourtity are open for both sexes and we are all equally encouraged to come up and implement new ideas! It's a wonderful place to work!"
Customer care advisor, Technical support
Would you recommend Apple to other women?
"As a company, Apple fights for diversity and equality. But my personal store is fairly male-dominated when it comes to technicians, and it feels like it is easier for males to advance in position and pay."
Would you recommend Apple to other women?
"Promotes self growth. You are not a number."
Sales specialist, Sales
Would you recommend Apple to other women?
"Go-getters will succeed here."