Gerbera Girl

It's going to be a long, tough journey - as you know, it's a lot easier to fall than it is to get back up. That being said, getting back up and continuing on is, without a doubt, the best thing you can ever do in any situation. It is easy to get lost in the sea of people at such a large company, but surround yourself with a strong and hard-working team, and you will see the impact you make. And the impact this job will have on you.

Madam Cassandra

When management changes, pay close attention to how they operate. If the new management shows signs of being bad, get out fast!

Lady sharks18

I have always been treated well by my teams. I would encourage other women to concentrate on developing cross functional relationships

Lisren and learn

Lady Let'sgetitdone

It's important to bring a can-do attitude to work every day. The hours can be long and you might be given huge tasks that you aren't even sure where to begin solving. The key is to let folks know 'you are on it'. Pay attention to build relationships across the company, not just at your level but above and below. There are many opportunities to work cross functionally and the better your internal network, the more successful you will be. Pay close attention to how more senior women have advanced. Seek out mentors, even if they are unofficial - they can help you learn the culture and how to get things done. Don't assume that other senior women will be your best mentor. Find someone who gets you and can help you advance.

Lady Marifer FRS, Family Room

Its a good company

Women are respected for their tech-savviness.

Lady Tech Girl

Amazing place to work, tech savvy women are treated the same as tech savvy men!

Madam TechUnique Business Specialist, Apple Retail

(Entry date March 2015) I worked in an Apple Retail Store for over 3 years. In general, the company has great benefits that support families in many ways, I have absolutely no complaints about the support they offer on a corporate level for women and families. My concerns are more with the opportunities to grow in Apple Retail, especially as a woman. I am very relational, great with people, and have a good attitude and a strong work ethic. I started as a part time (Sales) Specialist and was offered the opportunity to apply for (and received) a rare full-time opportunity after my first year. About 6 months later I earned a promotion to (Sales) Expert. Within the next 6 months I earned a position on the Business Team as a Business Specialist (lateral move). What I found in my time in Apple Retail is that there are opportunities for movement, but you must take the initiative to make it happen on your own. Look for ways to be a leader in your department, find opportunities to improve processes especially between departments, and be proactive about your career growth. My managers were always supportive of my growth, but I had to initiate much of that, and with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for my job, my team, and my company I was able to stand out among my peers. What I found more difficult was any opportunity for breaking into the management level. It is far easier to make lateral moves, and Apple Retail is supportive for those wanting to move to different departments within the store, but breaking into management is difficult. In my store, of 7 managers, only one was female, a lower-level manager. There are fewer female Geniuses and Sales Experts. Maybe this is because fewer women pursue technology careers, but still... I found for management positions they tend to hire from outside (managers from other technology stores) and more male candidates than female. We need more women in technology careers!

Lady Latinpower Human Resources

A major Diversity & Inclusion initiative has been launched and many actions have been taken to ensure equality at all levels. Initiative driven from the top down, really amazing to see and be part of. Very powerful and inspirational female leaders, number is increasing around the world. Very supportive in balancing family and work responsibilities.

Women Review Apple for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Apple by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 77 reviews Company Website Gerbera Girl Madam Cassandra Lady sharks18 Lady anon190 Lady Let'sgetitdone Lady Marifer Lady anon191 Lady Tech Girl Madam TechUnique Lady Latinpower