Employee reviews at Asana

Asana

Headquarters:San Francisco, CA(USA)201-500 Employees

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"Join the AsanaWomen group! It's a great support system for women at Asana."
One thing Asana can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
"There isn't an official work from home policy (and Asana doesn't technically permit it) but we do have very flexible hours, unlimited PTO, and a supportive culture if you need to take time to deal with family issues, etc. We are, however, very good about letting people work from home for an hour or two if someone needs to wait for the cleaner, nanny, or make a dentist appointment or something."
Policies, Culture, Hours

Want to

"Asana is a fantastic place to work, for men and women alike! I have been working here less than a year (still possibly in the honeymoon phase) but I have felt empowered greatly already. The culture is developed in a way that makes the whole team into a group of peers. There is no silo effect and definitely no glass ceiling. Mentorship is available and each team member is empowered to reach their potential."

Want to

"Asana has really high standards when it comes to treating their employees equally. Never before have I worked somewhere that offers gender equality to this level and I'm so thankful that each person can truly be themselves."

Want to

"There were times early on in my position at Asana that I felt disconnected from other women in the organization because of being on a team with only men. My manager worked hard to help me get more connected with women on other teams, which I really appreciated. I think at any tech company, there will be subtle problems that creep in because of a lack of diversity in the field in general, but I've seen Asana work hard to try to combat these during my time here with really open discussion about how we could improve."
Data Scientist, Data Science

Want to

"During my job search, Asana stood out to me because it was obvious that my lead and the leadership at Asana were truly invested in helping me grow as an employee and as a person. I was never forced into any deadlines and never felt like the decision I was making to come to Asana was tainted by empty promises, etc. Asana was a great choice for me because I was looking for a mature company where I knew I could grow and be successful."

Want to

"Asana is a great company for women. Great diversity in middle management and good diversity in upper management."

Want to

"Asana is very open to change and feedback which is so refreshing. Although there are male dominated teams and women dominated teams, Asana is trying to diversify tremendously and I'm looking forward to our growth."

Want to

"Established from the earliest days, Asana has mindfulness as a core value. This is apparent in the culture, long-term vision, and daily interactions. Colleagues are always looking for ways to be more inclusive, and while there are several internal groups to participate in, participation is almost always based on interest and initiative, never on established bias or defined groups. Needs and concerns are addressed immediately and professionally, and there is a wealth of outlets to express thoughts or concerns including general forums (in Asana), 1:1 meetings, mentorship, and direct lines to leadership."

Want to

"I've worked here for 1.5 years and there are many women who work here, including very high numbers on our marketing, sales, product management, design, and recruiting teams. We have a very open and communicative environment that encourages transparency, feedback, and growth on not just a professional level, but a personal one as well. Every employee has access to formal mentorship, peer mentorship, an external network of life coaches, and workshops on a variety of topics, like communication. People are encouraged to attend workshops and conferences. Women advance into manager roles across various teams, but that is not the measure of success at our company. Maternity leave is generous, as is paternity leave (they are the same), and we see mothers and fathers taking leaves (and usually the full leave). The workplace seems supportive of their choices."
Talent Marketing, Talent

Want to

"Asana does a wonderful job investing in their employees, men & women alike. From on-site yoga to delicious (and healthy!) meals, I truly feel taken care of at Asana."

Want to

"Asana is a company that truly tries to embrace diversity and promote an inclusive workspace. Even when Asana falls short (which it does on occasion, though not often) the leadership is quick to acknowledge the shortcoming and offer up new ways to improve the situation. In general, people of all races, genders, and backgrounds are treated fairly and equally at Asana."

Want to

"This is a company that's big on self-awareness, mindfulness, and balance, and this permeates the culture at all levels. I think we are committed to diversity & inclusion at a core level, and taking permanent measures as early as we can to grow with the right pillars in place around being a workplace that values and elevates every one here. We will always take the perspective that we are far from perfect, and that there's always work to do. At the same time, I truly believe we're on the right track -- we are obsessed with the unconscious biases that might direct our future (and solving for them), we are proactively taking measures to grow as a diverse and inclusive company, and we will constantly aim to measure our progress. We'll hopefully get it right, but if we don't, we'll constantly reflect on why and keep iterating."
Communications, Marketing

Want to

"I've worked here for over a year and its an incredibly supportive atmosphere. I am particularly impressed with management. The mindful culture is well equipped to maintain a good environment for everyone. I'm also really excited about the new head of diversity, who has already started on some really neat initiatives. Overall, very impressed."

Want to

"I have been here for a year and a half, and feel that Asana is great and comfortable environment for women. I do not feel like we have enough women in leadership roles yet, and hope that changes as we grow. While I am not a mother yet, I will be going out on Maternity leave in 2016, and feel very supported to take the time off I will need, and am confident that they will make my transition back to full-time work as seamless as possible."

Want to

"Asana provides ample opportunity for growth. We have a very strong mentorship culture, and the management works hard to give people roles and projects that will help them grow. At the same time Asana cares about the whole person so they earnestly encourage you to take care of your self and make sure you don't burn out or feel unhappy."
Manager, Engineering