Employee reviews at AstraZeneca
default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"The downside in AZ Biologics Operations is that there aren't a lot of women in this division, and the ones that are there are typically relegated to Project Management roles. The upside is that these women have formed a tight knit, supportive group to help each other out. I've never had a peer group of women that looked out for one another so fiercely. We didn't hold back but everything we shared and all the candid feedback was given in a caring environment meant to improve one another and bolster our presence in the group."
"Not sure"
One thing AstraZeneca can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Operations Site Lead For External Manufacturing
"I worked a partial remote work schedule for 5+ yrs, primarily due to my commute, which was 60 miles one way and often took 1.5-2 hrs to drive. I was able to work 3 days a week in the office, working 7-8 hrs and then 2 days a week from home, working 9-10 hrs. I felt like an effective team member and team lead the entire time. Ultimately, however, new management wanted to everyone in the office 5 days per week, regardless of their proven track record working partial remote schedules. This is what caused me to leave AZ. With a husband who also has a long commute and a 3 yr old son, our family couldn't sustain my doing the long commute and 8-9 hr days in the office 5 days per week. While AZ touts their flex hours and remote work programs, they leave it to the manager's discretion to approve/deny a worker's request to participate. "
Policies, Hours
12 Weeks Paid | 12 Weeks Unpaid
"I had my baby 3 yrs ago, and I think policies have changed since then but... it was AMAZING. I received 4 wks fully paid parental leave (both moms and dads get this) and 8 wks paid short term 'disability' as I had a c-section. My paychecks during mat leave were EXACTLY THE SAME as when I was working. I accrued leave the same as if I'd been there those 3 mths. And although I worked for a man and in a group with only 2 peers, both of whom were men, I can't imagine having a better support group. Each of those men were dedicated dads. The excitement on all their faces when I told them I was expecting and the support they gave me during pregnancy, leave and after my return as a sleep-deprived new mom was the best anyone could hope for. Most of my male co-workers all across the hierarchy were dads and were committed family men. I wouldn't say that AZ necessarily fosters an environment where family men want to work (although the flex time and remote work options help), but throughout the organization I saw many family men who were committed to both their corporate and dad jobs."
"Maybe"

Want to

"very old school and women don't support each other in upper management. Old pharma mindset"
"Not sure"
One thing AstraZeneca can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Marketing
"depends on your manager"
Policies, Hours
"Maybe"

Want to

"Great benefits. Tends to be on the leading edge with family-related benefits."
"Other"
Quality Specialist, Operations
Policies, Culture, Hours

Want to

"Flexible working and working from home are encouraged and very common "
One thing AstraZeneca can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Manager, Finance
Policies, Culture, Hours

Want to

"I'm fairly new to the company, but what I've observed so far is a signficant emphasis on work/life balance, and on improving the percentage of female senior leaders. There are many working parents who seem to be well-respected, and I haven't felt judged when I've had to run out the door to pick up a sick kid, take a half day for the daycare Christmas party, etc. I wasn't working here when I had my kids, but I understand that the maternity leave policy is generous (including 2 weeks off before due date)."