Flexible working and working from home are encouraged and very common

Lady PR Girl Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs

I'm fairly new to the company, but what I've observed so far is a signficant emphasis on work/life balance, and on improving the percentage of female senior leaders. There are many working parents who seem to be well-respected, and I haven't felt judged when I've had to run out the door to pick up a sick kid, take a half day for the daycare Christmas party, etc. I wasn't working here when I had my kids, but I understand that the maternity leave policy is generous (including 2 weeks off before due date).

Lady New England Senior Scientist

The Company has been promoting leadership training for certain career levels in R & D, as they have realized an imbalance of women at higher career bands. The numbers say it all; whilst women are thriving in the lab, stepping into leadership is not easily done. I have seen 3 women leaders leave their associate director roles due to a lack of support by male colleagues. As a result, women, when they see another colleague pregnant, they quietly support her with information on leave. That said, AZ offers a very generous 7 weeks paid and up to a total of 26 weeks, including FMLA. I don't know many who have taken the full 6 months.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review AstraZeneca for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of AstraZeneca by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 3 reviews Company Website anon1663 Lady PR Girl Lady New England