Barnes & Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Barnes & Noble?
Cinder Head Cashier, Retail

The company runs in the dark ages. The infrastructure is old and unreliable. The stores are not technologically up to date nor is the internal system. Sure, it's an easy-to-get retail job but you will do more work than your pay rate reflects. The whole company needs a facelift and cleanse if it wants to survive the world of online shopping and lowered online prices.

Lady Hemlockheartbeat

You will

There needs to be a larger number of female employees, especially in management.
Lady anon245 Bookseller / Cafe Server / Receiver / Cashier

Perhaps it is just my store I've worked at for the past four years or perhaps because it's a dying company and won't last the next 15 years, but I do believe many careless employers are hired for the corporate jobs and really do not value employees actually working on the floor. I've experienced many sexist comments with my store manager and from customers mostly coming in to buy books from sexist and/or racist authors. I was also cheated out of 25 cents an hour when Michigan's minimum wage went up. Prior to this event, I was getting paid the same as my male co-worker who did the same (and slightly less) work that I was getting paid to do. When I found out my male equal was getting paid more for the same job it was heartbreaking.

Women Review Barnes & Noble for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Barnes & Noble by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2 stars, based on 3 reviews Company Website Cinder Lady Hemlockheartbeat Lady anon245