Booz Allen Hamilton

Analyst

I had great female leadership on my contract! Can't speak to dynamics beyond that team.

Associate

Negotiate your salary - they will absolutely low-ball you and you should really look to what you are worth or can get somewhere else.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

I don't like that I'm required to give input to see reviews. I don't have valuable insights since I'm early in my career but would benefit from seeing this information.

ohyeahofcourse

Consultant

Optional networking opportunities and outside-of-work projects? Not really, unless you never want to get promoted. Also, it often feels like a boy's club. Pay was bad compared to other consulting firms, and work could be mind-numbing and not challenging. No work-life balance. I left due to boredom during the day and stress after hours.

anon

Flexiblity with work assignments/hours depends a lot on your management team

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Lady datagirl

Data Analyst

Booz Allen makes honest attempts to promote diversity, and depending on your situation, you might be able to find mentoring and support. But there are definitely some biases under the surface, especially when it comes to how the male-dominated client views your work. It was also a very competitive environment in general, even across genders. As a bright young newcomer to a team, I encountered some adversarial relationships with other females.

Maybe. Diversity is a challenge, especially for women of lower socioeconomic backgrounds.

Lady GlitterPants

Senior Consultant

Defense and Intelligence Group

There area lot of women who work here, especially on my particular career team. This is most likely due to the type of work we all do. Women are in high-level positions and the glass ceiling is not something you typically have to deal with; however, I have observed an environment in which women are more than willing to stab others in the back to get to the top. Not everyone believes in helping other women succeed.

Maybe. This has been one of the most diverse workplaces I've ever worked in. My "maybe" is based on employment stability, office politics, and other factors not related to gender.

Lady New Mom & Career Woman

Lead Associate

Management Consulting

If there is gender bias, it is subconscious. I have worked with some great bosses, and some not so great bosses. In general, I have seen males get promoted faster and for their "potential," while women have to prove themselves and their capabilities before they get ahead. Work life balance is good, with limited travel and a chances to work remotely. Lots of inspiring female leaders at the firm. But lots of subpar managers with limited soft skills.

Lady Madonna, Children at Your F

About 90% of the time it's a boys club, but if you find the right Principal (male or female), they treat men and women equitably. Unfortunately, these people are few and far between.

Maybe. If starting out then yes. Mid-level and up there are better options. And while the maternity policy is good, the rest of the health care plan is horrible.

Lady Booz

Maternity leave at Booz Allen is essentially non-existent. You get 2 weeks off paid by the firm only. After that you have to rely on your own accumulated leave or short term disability for the next several weeks. Men and women get the exact same amount of time off (called parental leave) which feels unbalanced. The firm is a good place to work, allows for working from home which is a huge bonus as a working mom - but the firm knows that the WFH is a bonus, allowing them to keep salaries lower than they should be for skills provided. Speaking of bonuses, there are none for anyone under senior associate. And there is a bottle neck at the lead associate to senior associate juncture. The cause of this that there is a disproportionate number of lead associates slots (thousands) to the senior associate slots (a hundred or so) making it unrealistically competitive to get promoted and those promoted are mostly men, as it is a male-dominated business (ratio is likely 1 female promo to 5 male promos, at best). This of course leads to significant attrition. There is tuition reimbursement of 5k per year, but you have to stay with the firm a year or pay it back. This part is not women-centric, but important to know.

Maybe. If you want flexibility to WFH, yes. If you want to move up beyond Lead Associate, no.